‘The Wolf’ rejoins student media

A name change and two formats later, The Wolf Magazine has come howling back to life.

Today marks the first Wolf Magazine since before 2001, when the name was changed to Flow.

The rebirth stems from a School of Mass Communication faculty meeting earlier this semester in which the status of The Wolf – at one time a yearbook, at one time a magazine – was discussed, according to Michael Giusti, Student Media adviser.

The decision was to return The Wolf to its format of a combination magazine-yearbook.

“It’s my preference to go this way since it was the model I created as a student,” Giusti said.

In the fall of 1998, Giusti, then a junior, created the first Wolf magazine-yearbook format after the Wolf Yearbook had suffered years of too-small staffs and not enough interest from the university.

The next issue of The Wolf will be distributed in early January when school reopens for the spring semester.

Editor in Chief Lilith Dorko, mass communication sophomore, says readers can expect the magazine’s editorial content to develop with each issue.

“For upcoming issues we’re planning to have a piece on Greek life, some more music pieces, as well as continuing our fashion column,” she said. “I also want to expand our coverage to be more about New Orleans and not just Loyola. I want to do something about the smoking ban and how it affects Loyola students.”

Executive editor Jessica Kinnison, mass communication junior, says the added voice a magazine will bring is a needed aspect of Loyola.

“I think what we’re saying is important and has been missing on campus for a while.”