Walker dives into Wolfpack volleyball team

Business freshman Tiffany Walker dives for the ball at practice on Tuesday, Aug. 30 in The Den. Walker is one of many new additions to the Wolfpack volleyball team making a difference this season.
Sara Seldman

As the volleyball team strives for another successful season this year, business freshman Tiffany Walker is working to help meet that goal.

Walker said she hopes to bring Loyola women’s volleyball more victories.

“She is always willing to work. Tiffany has a great attitude and is a great person to have on the court,” said Sabrina Stansberry, Walker’s teammate and chemistry and history sophomore.

Walker started playing volleyball at her local YMCA when she was seven years old. She had an outstanding high school career at Lamar Consolidated High School in Sugarland, Texas. In one particular game she had 23 kills and eight blocks.

Her senior year, Walker served as team captain. Her team made it to the play-offs two years in a row. Although Walker has had an amazing career, she has had several injuries. She has broken an ankle, sprained both ankles and broken her left foot.

In her free time, she serves as a volunteer coach at the YMCA and enjoys shopping with her twin brother, Tim.

Walker said she hopes to gain a lot during her time at Loyola.

“I want to learn as much as I can and help the team be successful,” Walker said.

Walker said she is enjoying Loyola and getting along with all of her new teammates.

“Tiffany has a great attitude. She’s always smiling. I know she is ready to push all of us to prepare for games,” said Shelby Plant, business sophomore.

Women’s volleyball Coach Tommy Harold agreed.

“(Walker) has done a nice job. She’s working hard every day,” Harold said.

Lauren Fincher can be reached at [email protected]