Letter from the Editor

ANGELA+HERN%C3%81NDEZ+
    Kevin Zansler
    ANGELA HERNÁNDEZ

To me the month of December means more than Christmas. It means vacation, and not the lame three-day Thanksgiving vacation. I’m talking about three weeks of not having to worry about papers, giving presentations completely in Italian or reading copious amounts of handouts on Durkheim’s theories on social thought.

I’m not complaining. OK, perhaps a little bit. But as much as I love expanding my mind (and I honestly do), I need a break. We all need a break from our busy schedules and from this lovely campus. I certainly can do without the construction around Monroe Hall.

So what is one to do with our well-deserved Christmas break? Well, I will spend it applying to jobs, eating, channel surfing, working out and writing as much as I can. Mostly I’m going to enjoy it, because let’s face it, when will I ever get another three-week Christmas vacation? Never!

This brings me to my next point, enjoyment. Many of my peers have told me that they wish I could lend them some of my diligence. It’s not that I’m a crazy robot who is obsessed with making good grades. At the beginning of the year I realized that this would be a school year filled with many “lasts.”

The fall semester has flown by without me hardly noticing. I don’t feel like I’ve even gotten completely settled in before course evaluations have been handed out. So this year I decided that no matter how long the paper, how arduous the reading material or how much panic it gives me to present in a different language, it was going to be my last and I was going to enjoy it.

The same goes for the spring semester. I always envisioned the spring semester as me riding a bike down a steep hill. zooming fast and pulling back as I pump the brakes in attempts not crash. My New Year’s resolution is to enjoy the final days of college life so I can slow down this bike and gracefully make my way on to the graduation stage.

I hope all of you enjoy the Christmas holidays. Share, be merry and go treat yourself to an end-of-semester drink. The Wolf and I will be here waiting for you when you come back with another year of stories to entertain you. Feliz Christmas!