Last night for fright

As one of Forbes “Most Haunted Attractions,” House of Shock scares for one final night
This+human+voodoo+doll+is+part+of+The+House+of+Shock+haunted+house+experience.++With+a+bayou+mineshaft%2C+Post-Apocalyptic+themed+Chainsaw+Cage+Maze%2C+a+psychotic+Meat+Processing+Plant+and+flying+beasts%2C+The+House+of+Shock+is+an+%E2%80%9Celaborate+and+exciting+experience%2C%E2%80%9D+according+to+Loyola+students.+
PHOTO COURTESY OF HOUSE OF SHOCK
This human voodoo doll is part of The House of Shock haunted house experience. With a bayou mineshaft, Post-Apocalyptic themed Chainsaw Cage Maze, a psychotic Meat Processing Plant and flying beasts, The House of Shock is an “elaborate and exciting experience,” according to Loyola students.

House of Shock Haunted House and Halloween Festival has been frightening fear-seekers this month and will stay open for one last night.

In addition to the haunted house, there is a stage show that features live actors, stunts and pyrotechnics.

Lifelong friends Steve Joseph, Ross Karpelman and Jay Gracianette created this haunted house experience in a backyard 20 years ago.

Today, The House of Shock has been featured in publications such as Rolling Stone, Maxim and Playboy. It has been named one of Forbes.com’s 10 Great Halloween Haunted House Attractions Across The U.S.

House of Shock has captured the attention of major publications, as well as some brave Loyola students.

Music industry senior Kaz Tarnowsky was among the thrill- seekers brave enough to enter.

“It was really scary and definitely worth the money. I was literally scared to the ground three times,” Tarnowsky said.

Tarnowsky said there were different themes within the house, like a swamp area with water effects and a demonic area.

“It was exciting and surprising since you didn’t really know what to expect,” Tarnowsky said.

Mass communication senior Aimee Brown agrees with Tarnowsky.

“It was the best haunted house I’ve ever been to. It was elaborate and scary,” Brown said.

House of Shock will stay open one more night on Friday, Nov. 1 to wrap up the Halloween season. Tickets go on sale at 7:30 p.m., and the haunted house opens at 8 p.m. It is located at 319 Butterworth St. in Jefferson at the foot of the Huey P. Long Bridge.

Melanie Potter can be reached at [email protected] 

View Comments (1)