Eiseman retiring

After 10 years at Loyola, James Eiseman, vice president of student affairs, is leaving the university.

Eiseman, who is out of town until next week, responded to interview requests via e-mail. He said he leaves Loyola with a positive feeling about the students, the Division of Student Affairs and the Rev. Kevin Wildes, S.J., university president.

Wildes informed students of Eiseman’s decision through a campus e-mail Monday morning. Wildes stated that, upon his arrival, Eiseman had informed him of his intentions to leave in the near future.

According to Wildes’ e-mail, Eiseman said that now was the best time to retire, for himself and his family. Eiseman will finish out the academic year, leaving Loyola at the end of July.

Wildes stated that he believed Eiseman did a wonderful job moving Loyola toward a more residential community.

“He has been attentive to not only residential life itself, but he has been attentive to building more of a campus life,” Wildes said.

Chris Cameron, director of student activities, said Eiseman was a personable man.

“Jim’s strength is that he has been very visible to the student body by attending all major student events,” Cameron said. “He gives freely of his time to students and expresses positive verbal support/appreciation of students’ efforts to create a better Loyola community.”