Drama abounds for shows this fall

The fall season brings on the cold weather but more importantly, 
it brings a great distraction to school: Television show premieres.
 Here is a refresher on what happened in the season finales of
 some of the most popular shows.

WARNING: This story
 contains some minor spoilers.

90210
    Season: 2
    Premieres Sept. 8 at 7 p.m.
    Network: The CW

The flashiest prom set at Universal Studios closed out this revamp of the classic teen sudser. The season finale was packed with drama including Adrianna giving her baby for adoption, Naomi’s sister sleeping with bad boy Liam and placing the blame on Annie and Annie running drunkenly into someone with her car. With Dustin Milligan, who plays Ethan, could it be him under the wheel of that mini-van? But don’t worry, even if it is, the producers have hired plenty of new hot bodies to fill the void.

So You Think You Can Dance
    Season: 6
    Premieres  Sept. 9 at 7 p.m. Network: FOX

The former summer dance competition will show its first fall season. Jeanine was crowned America’s favorite dancer during last season’s finale. The producers are searched the country for the best dancers including a stop in New Orleans.

Glee
    Season: 1
    Premieres Sept. 9 at 8 p.m.
    Network: FOX

The teen musical dramatic comedy is generating a lot of buzz for its freshman season, due largely to a sneak preview in May and the national Gleek Tour. The show follows a band of misfits in a high school glee club with dark comedy and musical numbers. The next episodes promise even more drama and toe tapping musical numbers.

True Blood
    Season: 2
    Finale Sept. 13 at 8 p.m.
    Network: HBO

The summer breakout hit of 2009 goes to True Blood. The fictional vampire drama set in Bon Temps, La. really found its audience in season two. In the season finale, supposedly Sam will make the ultimate sacrifice; a sacrifice that will undoubtedly be a cliffhanger leaving us thirsting for more.

The Office
    Season: 6
    Premieres Sept. 17 at 8 p.m. Network: NBC

The Dunder Mifflin company picnic was the most awkward way to end season five of the sitcom with Michael, and his former lover Holly, mistakenly announcing the closing of the Buffalo branch. Even more shocking, we end with Jim and Pam in the hospital receiving exciting news. Even though they don’t really say what the news is, there is really only one sort of happy news that can come from a hospital a pregnancy. Wedding bells seem to be around the corner for Jim and Pam given the rumors of a wedding to be featured in episode four.
    How I Met Your Mother
    Season: 5
    Premieres Sept. 21 at 7 p.m.
    Network: CBS

At the end of last season, womanizer Barney admitted his love for Robin, who did not reciprocate. We have yet to meet the mother, but word is she could show up this season since Ted is now an architecture professor and one of his students is in his class.

Grey’s Anatomy
    Season: 5
    Premieres Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. Network: ABC

Last season ended with both George and Izzy on the operating table near death and the meeting of their ghosts at the elevator. It was announced over the summer that T. R. Knight, who plays George, would not be returning for this season, which means R.I.P. George. In addition, with Ellen Pompeo’s pregnancy that means we will be seeing less of Meredith and more shots of her from the neck up.

Dollhouse
    Season: 2
    Premieres Sept. 25 at 8 p.m.
    Network: FOX

Dollhouse surprisingly was able to survive to a second season even with low ratings and a Friday night time slot. We left off with Echo still  ‘active’ and the former FBI agent joining the one thing he has spent his entire career uncovering, the dollhouse. Next season brings on more guest stars from many of creator Joss Whedon’s former shows.

Desperate Housewives
    Season: 5
    Premieres Sept. 27 at 7 p.m.
    Network: ABC

Safety was reinstated on Wisteria Lane at the end of last season when psycho, David Williams, committed suicide. But with a new family moving down the street comes new drama and mystery. Last season’s cliffhanger ended with Mike at the altar with an unknown bride. Is it Catherine or Susan? Mike was dating Catherine at the end of last season but creator Marc Cherry said that he plans on ending the show with Mike and Susan together.

Brothers and Sisters
    Season: 3
    Premieres Sept. 27 at 9 p.m.
    Network: ABC

America’s favorite dysfunctional family returns with even more drama to deal with than before. Last season ended with Kitty and Robert’s marriage up in the air, Justin and Rebecca engaged and Tommy left in Mexico indefinitely. Unfortunately, William Walker’s bastard child Ryan, who has proven to be a pain, is refusing to leave anytime soon.

Project Runway
    Season: 6
    Thursdays at 8 p.m.
    Network: Lifetime

After a year of being off the air and in legal limbo, Project Runway has finally returned, but now on Lifetime. Everything about the new season is just like normal except they are now based in Los Angeles instead of New York. If you can’t get enough in the regular hour there is now a show following the lives of the models called “Models of the Runway” which airs right after Project Runway.

Real Housewives of Atlanta
    Season: 2
    Thursdays at 9 p.m.
    Network: Bravo

Though they might have more class than the New Jersey housewives, they still start cat-fights and pull hair (fake or real). The new season has already brought two fights and even more delusional Kim. In the true sense of reality TV, there is no telling where the show will go.

John Adams can be reached at [email protected]