Loyola ranks high in U.S. News

Loyola University New Orleans ranks sixth in the category of “Best Universities – Masters in the South” in the 16th annual America’s Best Colleges issue and guidebook published by U.S. News & World Report. This is the second year Loyola ranks sixth, according to a university news release.

University President Bernard P. Knoth, S.J., said, “In the very competitive market today, we are pleased to have maintained our sixth place ranking which affirms our continuing commitment to provide our students with a superior education in the Jesuit tradition. The quality of our student body, faculty and staff reflects the superior quality liberal arts education we provide and, in turn, allows us to continue to attract exceptionally talented students.”

The freshmen class consists of 900 students with an average GPA of 3.76, SAT combined score of 1233, and an average ACT composite score of 27.

These scores are higher than the national average SAT of 1042 and ACT of 21.

According to the release, Loyola also ranked 12th in the Southern region in the “Great Schools at Great Prices” category and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.