Student organizations in*sync

Loyola University’s Office of Student Affairs and Student Government Association recently purchased a student involvement software for all students to be connected to student organizations and university departments.

OrgSync costs an estimated $38,000 for a three-year contract and was purchased to better manage student organization information, according to Heather Seaman, director of co-curricular programs.

“We have 85 organizations and there was really not a tool to effectively manage communication with them to keep data up to date,” Seaman said.”I think that it would be a great tool for students because sometimes it can get really hard to navigate everything that is happening on this campus.”

Every student has an OrgSync login and account through his or her Loyola email, and each student organization is required to have an OrgSync portal, she said.

Organizations can upload announcements to their portals for students to access.

Many student organizations have begun to use OrgSync to post information and connect with its members and other organizations. Blake Corley, SGA executive vice president and international business junior, said that he believes SGA’s portal has allowed for organizations to be more efficient and paper-free.

A’niya Robinson, president of the Wolf Pack Diversity Team and political science sophomore, said that she believes OrgSync will be a great tool for Loyola organizations.

“As any student leader knows, it becomes difficult sometimes to stay organized, especially if the organization has a large membership and hosts a lot of events. So the fact that there’s a site that keeps everything in one place is tremendously helpful,” Robinson said.

Many departments have begun to use the program. The Office of Residential Life has created a umbrella, an interconnected feature that distributes managerial authority.

Amy Boyle, associate director of residential life, said that the Office of Residential Life will use OrgSync to communicate important information to residents such as programming and hall closings.

Students will be able to access university information regardless of if they choose to join an organization, Seaman said.

“This is a way to come to one central hub and be able to see announcements about what’s happening.”

Loyola hopes to continue the use of OrgSync after the three-year contract is done, she said.

Boyle said she believes students can benefit greatly from using OrgSync.

“OrgSync is a one stop shop for students to get connected and involved at Loyola. It gives students the opportunity to browse organizations and communities all from their digital device,” Boyle said.

Alicia Serrano can be reached at [email protected]