Pickup option available

Between going to class and being an athlete, Denise Powell, biology junior, has no time to waste, and dealing with the Orleans Room lunch rush does not fit into her schedule.

Powell said that’s when she discovered Orleans Room to Go.

Orleans Room to Go is a program implemented by Uptown Campus Dining or Sodexo for meal plan holders to have a “to-go option” for lunch.

It is available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is located in Satchmo’s.

Students receive the entrée of the day served in the Orleans Room along with a drink. This gives students another way to use their meal plan swipes without using Wolfbucks or Wavebucks for Tulane students.

Katie Crow, Sodexo marketing manager, said Uptown Campus Dining started Orleans Room to Go, because they saw a need for students to have another option during the lunch rush.

“It’s a way to go back to your dorm room if you don’t want to eat in the OR, or if you have to study for a test you can still grab that entrée and not have to use your money or Wolfbucks,” Crow said. “I would love it if I was a student.”

Heather Bacque, director of Loyola’s dining services, said OR to Go is a great option for the student on the go who may not have the time to sit down and eat in the dining room.

“Although we like to encourage students to sit down and enjoy their meals with classmates and friends, we understand that is not always an option,” Bacque said.

As for future time changes or expanding Orleans Room to Go, Bacque said Uptown Campus dining is constantly seeking ways to improve.

“[Sodexo] uses the suggestions from our student Loyola University Dining Advisory Board and surveys to determine how to change our operations to better meet their needs,” she said.

Crow said the reaction to Orleans Room to Go had been positive.

“I use it, because it’s a convenient source for busy students on the go, and I loved the service,” Powell said.

Shamara King can be contacted at [email protected]