First year senators elected

Reid Canal, music performance freshman, Lester Duhe, mass communication freshman, and Lindsey Mixer, general studies freshman, are the three newest members of Loyola’s Student Government Association legislative branch.

All of the candidates who ran for a legislative position as a college senator won due to the lack of opposition, according to Ron Palmer, marketing senior and executive vice president of communications.

Duhe, elected as senator of the College of Social Sciences, said that he chose to run for a senator position so that he could help get student ideas across to student government and looks forward to doing so.

“I’m just excited to work with people and let them know that if they have any questions or need any help that I can help them out,” Duhe said.

Prior to voting taking place, Palmer explained that students would access voting by logging on to their individual OrgSync profile, choosing their college and the candidate list would be generated for them to cast their ballot.

Mara Steven, chief justice and history prelaw junior, said that she thinks the organization will continue to use OrgSync for future voting.

“SGA is hoping to lead the campus organizations in the successful use of OrgSync, since it has so many wonderful features. It may be slow-going at the start, but we’re determined to see it through,” Steven said.

Alicia Serrano can be reached at [email protected]